Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Dining Out in New Hampshire - Cafe Indigo (Part Two)


Sunday Brunch Sampler Plate - Cafe Indigo


I've posted about Cafe Indigo before, when I took home one of their mini vegan carrot cakes from the Boston Vegetarian Food Festival. Well, I finally had the chance to dine at the vegan restaurant in Concord, NH this past weekend. On the way home from a snowboarding trip my boyfriend and I took a detour, and I really mean detour. Unfortunately Cafe Indigo is not in an ideal location, it's not far from the highway, but it's hidden in an industrial-looking office park. The space itself is small, with a little storefront area for their desserts and a dining area with mismatched tables and chairs. Hopefully with the success of their baked goods they can relocate, as I can guarantee they'd get a much higher volume of visitors. 

Sunday Brunch Vegan Buffet
Sunday Brunch (Vegan) Buffet - Cafe Indigo
We went for Sunday Brunch, which they only offer twice a month. It was a great deal - for $15 per person you get your choice of entree and all-you-can-eat appetizers, side dishes, and desserts (includes their well-known Carrot Cake) and coffee and tea, set up on a side table. It was a treat to have a whole spread of dishes to choose from and serve yourself - there was pea salad, coleslaw, hummus, salsa, chips, raisin bread, and a peanut noodle dish. They offer wheat-free versions of their menu options, too.

Vegan Cakes Veega
Carrot Cake, Chocolate Cake & Lemon Poppyseed Cake
- Cafe Indigo
For my meal, I ordered the Sampler Plate, because why not try it all at once. It came with cinnamon french toast, lemon rosemary potatoes, tofu scramble, a cornmeal pancake, and a homemade soy sausage patty. Overall it was very satisfying. I excitedly proclaimed, "this is the first vegan french toast I've had!" It was delicious, probably my favorite thing on the plate. My boyfriend ordered the Cornmeal Pancakes which also came with homemade vegan sausage patties and potatoes. Whenever I take my boyfriend to an all-vegan eatery I'm a little uneasy, wondering if he'll enjoy his meal or come out of it thinking "you owe me one."  He loved the cornmeal pancakes and the potatoes, but when he bit into the sausage patty he reached for his water, and then his coffee to um, wash it down. You win some, you lose some. 

Cornmeal Pancakes - Cafe Indigo

After our meal, we dragged ourselves over to the dessert case to take home some goodies. As I've mentioned before it's difficult to find vegan baked goods in Boston so I was eager to stock up. We took home a Whoopie Pie, Blueberry Muffin, Mini Donuts, and slices of the cakes from the breakfast buffet. Reasonably priced and so yummy, particularly the Whoopie Pie. The cream filling was outstanding!

Veega Vegan Carrot Cake
Vegan Carrot Cake - Cafe Indigo

Vegan Whoopie Pie Veega
Vegan Whoopie Pie - Cafe Indigo

Vegan Blueberry Muffin Veega
Vegan Blueberry Muffin - Cafe Indigo

Vegan Donuts
Vegan Mini Donuts - Cafe Indigo
I was happy to read recently that Cafe Indigo got a deal with New England Whole Foods stores to sell their cakes. Later that day I happened to be grocery shopping and spotted their products on the shelves!

I'm going to be craving their desserts now, guess I just have to stop in to my nearby Whole Foods to satisfy my taste buds.

Cafe Indigo Vegan Cakes
Cafe Indigo Cakes on the Shelves at Whole Foods!

Cafe Indigo
128H Hall Street 
(Corporate Office Park, Building #3)
Concord, NH 03301

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear from you, so please leave comments!