Monday, January 21, 2013

Dining In - Ginger Molasses Cookies

Chloe Coscarelli Ginger Molasses Cookies
Vegan Ginger Molasses Cookies - Chloe's Vegan Desserts


I was looking for a good ginger molasses cookie recipe after eating a delicious one at Fiore's Bakery. My boyfriend is a huge fan of ginger so I wanted to surprise him with a batch. I was happy to stumble upon a recipe from Chloe Coscarelli. This one isn't actually in her current cookbook Chloe's Kitchen, but is in her upcoming new cookbook Chloe's Vegan Desserts, due out in February 2013 (you can pre-order your own copy here). For now you can find this recipe on FitSugar like I did.

These passed my taste test with flying colors! I was proud of myself for having the final outcome look just like the photo, and hopefully taste like it too :) They were chewy and sweet with a hint of spice from the cloves, nutmeg, and ginger. I appreciated that they were smaller so you don't feel as guilty when you have two or three... I'll be making these again. This was a quick and easy recipe to prepare. 

Makes about 30 cookies

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 cup Earth Balance margarine
3/4 cup sugar, plus more for garnish
1/2 cup molasses
1 tablespoon water


Vegan Ginger Cookie Batter
Ginger Molasses Batter Rolled in Sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line one large or two medium baking pans with parchment paper. 

In a medium bowl combine all dry ingredients: flour, baking soda and powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves. Using a stand mixer, in a large bowl, blend margarine, sugar, molasses, and water. 

Slowly add flour mixture to wet mixture (it will be very dark from the molasses). The batter will be thick upon adding all the flour. Mix until well combined.

Scoop a tablespoon-size of batter and roll in sugar before placing on pan. Repeat until all the batter has been made into cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes. 


Veega Vegan Ginger Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear from you, so please leave comments!