Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dining In - Skinny Bitch Ultimate Everyday Cookbook

Skinny Bitch Ultimate Everyday Cookbook
by Kim Barnouin

My vegan cookbook collection grew this holiday season with the addition of Skinny Bitch - Ultimate Everyday Cookbook by Kim Barnouin. Despite the name this is an exquisite and rather gourmet hardcover cookbook. The first seventy pages are devoted to education on the vegan diet, how to prep your kitchen, and cooking techniques. I tried a couple recipes prior to adding this to my gift list and thoroughly enjoyed them so I can't wait to cook my way through (most of) the 150-plus recipes.

If you're not familiar with the Skinny Bitch series, it started as out as a diet book by a former agent for a modeling agency, Rory Freedman, and a former model, Kim Barnouin, that hit the New York Times Bestseller List in 2007. I recall friends reading it and thought nothing of it, having no idea its message was about the benefits of veganism. Based on the success, the authors continued writing and created a whole collection of books - Skinny Bitch Bun in the Oven, Skinny Bitchin', Skinny Bitch in the Kitch, Skinny Bastard. This cookbook comes from just one of the authors, but still holds the famed title. 

Stay tuned for more posts about my experimentation with these recipes!

Pick up your own copy of Skinny Bitch Ultimate Everyday Cookbook here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear from you, so please leave comments!