Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Dining In - Amy's Light & Lean Spaghetti Italiano Bowl

Vegan Frozen Meals - Veega
Light & Lean Spaghetti Italiano Bowl - Amy's

I've made a couple posts about convenient, ready-made meals (see Vegan Products page) that are still vegan, here's another: Amy's Light & Lean Spaghetti Italiano Bowl. A satisfying quick, microwaveable meal that is still healthy and low in calories (only 240)! This one has organic semolina pasta, meatless meatballs made with lentils, quinoa, and tofu, with tomato sauce, roasted garlic, and broccoli.  Just 4-5 minutes in the microwave and you've got yourself a quality meal!

Veega Vegan Spaghetti Amy's


Amy's Frozen Bowls Vegan Veega
Vegan-Labeled Ingredients List
The Amy's brand is known for selling natural and organic food so I feel a little better about eating a frozen meal with that in mind. The ingredients lists on the packaged goods denote when it's vegan, making it easier to shop. You can also find a full list of vegan products on their website, check it out here. I was surprised to find so many! I just wish my local grocery stores carried them all.

2 comments:

  1. I just ate this and I loved it!!! I would love to find their recipe for the "meatballs" they were delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Glad you enjoyed it, too. I haven't seen that recipe, but you might give this "meat"ball recipe a try:
    http://www.veega.co/2013/02/dining-in-vegan-meatballs.html

    ReplyDelete

I’d love to hear from you, so please leave comments!