Monday, November 18, 2013

Dining Out in Portland - Veggie Grill

Veggie Grill

Vegan Salad Veggie Grill Veega
B-Wing Salad - Veggie Grill

Childishly, I wanted to dislike this place because it's such a great idea that I kick myself for not going out there and making it happen. Someone else had to and these guys are doing it well. In all of my dining while staying in Portland I have to admit this was one of the places I wish I had gone back to. I could have eaten here everyday! The service is quick, the menu is huge, and the one meal I had there was perfect. They are expanding rapidly with at least four more locations coming soon along the West Coast. 
Veggie Grill Portland


My co-workers and I stopped into the downtown Portland location for a quick dinner before heading to a Trail Blazers basketball game. I had read about the B-Wing Salad in another blog post so I decided quickly that was what I'd try. The staff was very friendly and there is a higher level of service here than at your typical fast food joint. They bring your order to your table, check on you while you're eating, and clear your table when you're done. 


Vegan Buffalo Chicken Salad
B-Wing Salad - Veggie Grill
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy - Veggie Grill My meal was fantastic. It was a huge serving so I couldn't finish it all, but I came pretty close! I haven't had a salad like this since before I was vegan. It is served with Gardein buffalo wings, chopped romaine lettuce, avocado, celery, roasted corn salsa and creamy ranch dressing. The colors even match their logo! The buffalo "chicken" wings were extremely close to the real thing (also noted by my non-vegan co-worker) and the creamy dressing was amazing. I'm not a fan of celery so I would ask for less next time, but it's to be expected with buffalo chicken; I can't knock them for it. My co-worker tried the Cauli-Mashed Potatoes and Gravy side dish. Another dish that is rarely served vegan, but still tasted good and fairly close to the real thing. It was prepared with cauliflower blended with mashed potatoes, porcini mushroom gravy, and fresh rosemary. It wouldn't have been my first pick, but that's because I also had my heart set on trying the Mac-n-Cheese. 


Vegan Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Cauli-Mashed Potatoes & Gravy - Veggie Grill



This is what I would consider vegan junk food based on the soy-heavy products, but they do offer soy-free and gluten-free options on their menu. I didn't have a chance to try any of their desserts, but just reading the description on the menu for the Grilled Cookie left me with a strong craving. 

I can't wait to go west again and try more of the menu!


Veggie Grill Vegan Menu
Veggie Grill
508 SW Taylor Street
Portland, OR 97204
Check out their website for a full list of locations and others coming soon!

Veggie Grill in Portland

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear from you, so please leave comments!