Sunday, October 20, 2013

Dining In - American Flatbread Vegan Harvest Pizza

Vegan Harvest Pizza - American Flatbread - Veega
Vegan Harvest Pizza - American Flatbread

Vegan Harvest Pizza - American Flatbread Box - Veega

I picked up this frozen pizza at Organic Basic Food in Hoboken, NJ, but I'm sure they are available in other grocery stores (in fact, here is the American Flatbread Product Locator so you can check it out yourself). I wanted something quick, but still tasty and a little bit indulgent and while I didn't plan to eat the entire pizza... I did. Indulgent? Check! This pizza reminded me of Naked Pizza (which sadly seem to be closing quite rapidly, including the two Boston locations). It had a nice thin crust, tomato sauce, seasonings, and a generous amount of Daiya cheese.



American Flatbread Nutrition FactsThis was very easy to prepare. All you have to do is preheat the oven to 425 degrees and put the pizza on the rack (no pan needed) for about 6-8 minutes until crispy. It's a thin crust so it will crisp up, which I loved since the frozen pizzas I remember had thicker crusts that were soft or soggy when done. Try not to eat the whole thing like I mistakenly did, but do know that if that happens, stay calm. Here's the overall damage - 520 calories and 18g fat, not good, but not awful for a whole pizza. 

Check out the American Flatbread website for more details on this vegan-friendly variety!

Vegan Frozen Pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear from you, so please leave comments!