Sunday, October 13, 2013

Dining Out in New York City - 'sNice

Snice New York
Curried Cauliflower Wrap - 'sNice NYC
Curried Cauliflower Wrap - 'sNice

Veega Cafe NYCsNice NYC Cafe Menu


This artsy, hipster cafe that feels more like a relaxed coffee shop, devotes a majority of its menu to vegan food. The menu includes a variety of sandwiches, wraps, salads, baked goods, and coffee. Though the staff isn't overly friendly, I found it to be an otherwise pleasant dining experience. This is a good spot if you're looking for a more laid back, quiet atmosphere to grab a cup of coffee and a delicious vegan meal. It's like a Starbucks (I'm sure they would hate to hear that) in that a number of people had "set up camp" with their laptops at the larger communal tables. 


Smoked Tempeh Wrap - 'sNice NYC Vegan
Smoked Tempeh Wrap - 'sNice
When I went to the West Village location for the first time, I ordered a wrap to go - the Smoked Tempeh Wrap. It's a favorite on Yelp and I agree with the positive comments. With a generous portion size you get smoked tempeh, with avocado, mixed greens, cilantro, tomatoes, and a spicy, creamy chipotle dressing (which I didn't find to be that spicy) bundled up in a whole wheat wrap. I wolfed this down in a matter of minutes! I loved the hearty, filling tempeh and the creamy dressing and avocado worked well to compliment the spice. When you dine in they serve the wraps with a small side salad and dressing, which is a nice touch. I went back with my friend a few days later. We ordered the Curried Cauliflower Wrap with chickpeas, brown rice and mango chutney and the Bueno Burrito Wrap with black beans, rice, avocado, tomatoes, salsa verde, and salsa rojo. My friend enjoyed the Bueno Burrito, but commented that it was pretty darn spicy. The Curried Cauliflower had great, fresh flavor while still being mild. Again, you get a large serving so it will definitely fill you up. I've heard good things about the vegan baked goods, but haven't tried them yet. I'm sure it won't take me long! I'm also excited to try a few other vegan entrees on the menu - the Meatball Sub with vegan cheese, and the Vegan Panini with smoked tofu. 


Bueno Burrito - 'sNice Vegan NYC
Bueno Burrito - 'sNice

'sNice has 3 locations throughout the city

'sNice
45 8th Avenue
New York, NY 10014

150 Sullivan Street
New York, NY 10012

315 5th Avenue (at 3rd Street)
Brooklyn, NY 11215

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear from you, so please leave comments!