Monday, October 7, 2013

Dining In - Marinated Kale Salad

Vegan Kale Salad Avocado Rice
Marinated Kale Salad - The Chalkboard Mag

Here was yet another fabulous find on Pinterest. This was a simple and delicious salad. Anytime I can prepare raw kale and make it taste this good it's a win! It reminded me of the Green Goddess dish from Life Alive, but without the creamy dressing. It is wholesome, flavorful, filling, and gluten-free. It got the stamp of approval from the non-vegan boyfriend, as well! This would work well as a lunch or served as a side dish for dinner. You can find the full recipe online at The Chalkboard Mag

I'll be making this again!



1 bunch kale, torn or chopped into bite-sized pieces
1 avocado, sliced
2 lemons, juiced
1/3 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt (I recommend reducing this slightly)
2 cups brown rice, cooked (I use Trader Joe's frozen variety)
1/2 cup almonds, toasted, chopped or sliced


Put all ingredients into a large bowl, except for the almonds. Toss together until evenly distributed. When serving, top with the toasted almonds. 

That's it! How easy was that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear from you, so please leave comments!