Monday, October 7, 2013

Dining Out in New York City - The Cinnamon Snail

The Cinnamon Snail Etsy Logo
The Cinnamon Snail Logo
Maple Mustard Tempeh Sandwich - The Cinnamon Snail


The Cinnamon Snail Menu
Cinnamon Snail, I'm so glad I found you! I hunted you down (no vegan pun intended) on 48th Street & 6th Avenue and was immediately delighted by the glass display of vegan pastries, quoting their website, "Our donuts and pastries are too many and change too often to mention here. Swing by the truck to be strait up baffled by the overwhelming tidal wave of vegan pastries in front of you!" I then saw the full and varied menu offering breakfast items from burritos to pancakes, and a generous list of sandwiches, burgers, and beverages. I was lucky to come by on a day that the truck had almost no line, because I've heard quite the crowd forms during lunch hour. My food was ready quicker than I expected.



Vegan Donuts & Pastries - Cinnamon Snail



For lunch I ordered the Yelp fan favorite Maple Mustard Tempeh Sandwich, served with kale, onion, tomato, and garlic alioli. The sandwich was delicious and filling, a meal I would order again. I do wish it was served differently though. It was packed with fillings and started to fall apart between the thin slices of untoasted bread. Serving this as a wrap might do the trick. I thought the price was fair at $8 (it is organic, vegan, and in NYC after all). Also with help from the Yelp reviews, I picked up a Vanilla Bourbon Crème Brûlée Donut. This was the best damn donut I've ever had, vegan and non-vegan. Yum yum yum! It was moist, fluffy, creamy, with a sugar crust on top. I ate this as slowly as I could so I could savor every last bite! It was heavenly and sinful at the same time. It's certainly not something I could eat at every meal (though I wish I could get away with that). 


Vanilla Bourbon Crème Brûlée Donut - The Cinnamon Snail

To track down The Cinnamon Snail truck (which is what I will now be doing on a regular basis) check out their Facebook or Twitter pages, links below. For more information on the guy behind this successful food truck, read this recent VegNews interview.




Cinnamon Snail
Find Locations throughout NYC and NJ on Facebook and Twitter

The Cinnamon Snail New York City

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear from you, so please leave comments!