Saturday, March 23, 2013

Dining Out in Miami - Green Gables Café


Vegan Wrap Veega
 Sautéed Vegetable Wrap - Green Gables Café

I stumbled upon this café while driving around the area. I was on the hunt for a lunch that would suit my vegan needs, as well as keep my boyfriend happy. Yelp led me to Green Gables. 

Green Gables Café serves organic and locally sourced food with a focus on sustainable practices. It's a small restaurant with a decent number of tables. As more of a lunch spot, they are closed in the evon the weekends. The menu has labeled vegan options, but unfortunately there aren't too many and they are the typical things you could pick out at a normal restaurant. Oatmeal, hummus, soup, vegetable wrap, and vegan burger make the list. I was impressed that they offer fresh fruit and veggie juices, like carrot, cucumber, beet, apple, orange.



I ordered the sautéed vegetable wrap with zucchini, red peppers, onions, tomatoes, arugula, and hummus on a wheat wrap, served with a side of greens dressed with balsamic vinaigrette. The size was decent and it was very tasty. For $12 I would expect a bit more, although you're paying a price for the organic ingredients and it was certainly fresh. If I lived in the area I would likely visit again and give the juices and vegan burger a try. 


Green Gables Café
327 Alhambra Circle
Coral Gables, FL 33134

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear from you, so please leave comments!