Saturday, March 9, 2013

Dining In - Chocolate Mug Cake

Chocolate Covered Katie - Mug Cake (Veega)
One Minute Chocolate Cake in a Mug - Chocolate Covered Katie

Veega Mug Cake Dr. Oetker
Mug Cake - Sold in the Grocery Store!
Not Vegan.
A single serving, delicious, quick, easy vegan cake recipe - what's not to love? Part of me wishes I never discovered this recipe because it makes it that much easier to eat baked goods whenever I want, particularly when I'm home alone and have a craving for sweets. This uses the same ingredients you'd find in a typical cake recipe, but on a much smaller scale. It cooks up super fast in a microwave. I spotted a Mug Cake product in the grocery store recently and thought psh, who needs this when I can get a much better, vegan version at home! The recipe comes from vegan dessert blogger extraordinaire, Chocolate Covered Katie, you can find it here. There are endless variations you can make, I'm sure I'll be testing out a few soon :)


1 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons evaporated cane juice (sugar)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 packet of stevia
2 teaspoons canola oil
3 tablespoons almond milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine all dry ingredients - cocoa powder, flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, stevia - in a mug or ramekin. Stir very well and make sure to press out any clumps. 



Add wet ingredients to mug - oil, almond milk, and vanilla. Stir again until well combined. Microwave for 45 to 60 seconds. Let cool. Enjoy with a spoon!



I added a scoop of peanut butter to mine for "frosting" so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear from you, so please leave comments!