Monday, March 25, 2013

Dining Out in Boca Raton - 4th Generation Organic Market

Vegan Reuben Sandwich
Organic Vegan Tempeh Reuben - 4th Generation Organic Market

I was so happy to find this "mini-Whole Foods" near where I was vacationing in Boca Raton. Despite it being rather expensive, it's the kind of place I would go back to again and again. When I walked in and saw the variety of prepared vegan foods I was overjoyed! Sandwiches, wraps, salads, side dishes, desserts, packaged foods, beverages, frozen food, produce, you can find it all. 


Tempeh Sandwich Veega


Sandwiches & Wraps - 4th Generation Organic Market



I ordered an Organic Vegan Reuben with Tempeh Bacon, Sauerkraut, and 1001 Island Dressing on Hemp Bread, heated and pressed on a panini grill. I had to try some desserts, too. I got the Lemon Blonde, a raw macaroon, made with unsweetened shredded coconut, agave syrup, coconut oil, lemon oil, raw cashews, vanilla, and salt. I also ordered an Oatmeal Sandwich, made with some interesting and healthful ingredients - teff, sorgum, quinoa, millet, agave syrup, baking powder and soda, vanilla, powdered sugar, potato flour, oats, raisins, soy butter, lemon, and coconut oil. 

Everything was delicious, my sandwich was flavorful and filling, the desserts were satisfying and sweet. I really loved the Oatmeal Sandwich - crunchy cookies with the perfect creme filling! I only wish the prices were a little easier to digest. I was surprised at how small my $10 sandwich was. The bite-sized Lemon Blonde was $1.69 and the Oatmeal Sandwich was decent-sized and $2.49. 


If this was near me in Boston, I'm sure I'd frequent it for a quick lunch or to satisfy my sweet tooth. There were so many things I wanted to try, so I hope I can return in the near future!


Dessert Case - 4th Generation Organic Market
Veega Falafel

4th Generation Organic Market
75 SE 3rd Street
Boca Raton, FL 33432

1 comment:

  1. When located only in nutrition stores, organic food is now a normal attribute at the most stores. And that's made somewhat of a issue within the create aisle.Melilea Greenfield Organic

    ReplyDelete

I’d love to hear from you, so please leave comments!