Friday, November 9, 2012

Dining Out in New Hampshire - Cafe Indigo

Vegan Cafe Indigo









Vegan Carrot Cake Vegocracy
Carrot Cake - Cafe Indigo

Carrot Cake Ingredients & Nutrition


While I prefer to bake for myself at home, I can't say no to trying new vegan desserts when I'm out and about. Unfortunately vegan baked goods are hard to come by in Boston. At the Boston Vegetarian Food Festival I was delighted by the variety of vegan desserts for sale and sampling. Cafe Indigo, a Concord, New Hampshire-based bakery, had prime real estate by the entrance. They had a poster up describing themselves and on it it stated VegNews recognized them for having the "Best. Carrot. Cake. Ever." (supposedly this was in 2007, so I'm curious if this is still accurate). Regardless, I immediately jumped at the chance to sample their carrot cake. 

It was delicious and tasted just like a regular non-vegan carrot cake, probably even better. The cake is moist and spiced and the "cream cheese" frosting was sweet enough to balance it out. I brought home a mini cake (for $3) to continue the cake bliss. You can order muffins, cookies, cupcakes, and cakes online from their website, but you have to buy a large quantity and pay shipping. I was glad to have the opportunity to taste test without a big purchase, but now that I know I might visit their site in the future, or even better visit My Thai Vegan Cafe in Boston where they sell Cafe Indigo cakes! You can read other Cafe Indigo reviews on Yelp


Cafe Indigo
128H Hall Street
Concord, NH 03301

2 comments:

  1. Check out the site yourself @ www.cafeindigo.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, James! I've included two links to the Cafe Indigo website above, as well.

      Delete

I’d love to hear from you, so please leave comments!