Sunday, June 14, 2015

Dining Out in London - Cookies and Scream


Cookies and Scream Logo London UKBaker Girl with Cookies


Vegan Gluten-Free Blog Cookie Dough Balls Shake - Cookies and Scream London
Cookie Dough Balls Shake - Cookies and Scream


Cookies and Scream Camden Lock London Vegan Gluten-Free
I scream, you scream, we all scream for Cookies and Scream, because it's just that good! I had this spot on my list for must-visit vegan spots in London and it was reconfirmed when my London-based friend said how delicious it was. I went to the Camden Lock Market after my slight disappointment at Borough Market for the lack of vegan options. Camden was a lot more crowded and dirtier than I expected. It's got a sort of punk rock vibe going on and the streets are overrun with souvenir shops and wandering tourists. I shuffled around in the food tent area for a while searching for Cookies and Scream until I finally had to ask for help. Turns out it's actually tucked away inside, with a permanent stake in a small building called the Dingwalls gallery area. This dessert bar is not only vegan, but also gluten-free! When I discovered them I realized I wasn't alone in my excitement. The other customers were equally overwhelmed by the looks of the freshly baked, heavenly treats for sale. The staff works in a tiny kitchen area right behind the counter and I commend them for working wonders in such small quarters.




Tiny Kitchen Space at Cookies and Scream


Vegan Gluten-Free London Bakery Peanut Butter Cookie Veega
I ordered a Chico Cookie, which was a large peanut butter cookie with chocolate chips. It was super moist, gooey, and rich. I greedily also ordered a liquid dessert, the Cookie Dough Balls Shake thanks to a tip from Fat Gay Vegan and got a Gosh! Brownie to-go, which of course lasted a total of four hours post-visit. As I was drinking my shake all I could think was how unhealthy it must be because of how incredibly sweet and creamy it was, and I got a kick out of the "low-fat" label on the menu board. The huge chunks of cookie dough made it a more exciting and indulgent treat. Excluding my minor stomachache from all the (unrefined) sugar, my only complaint was that the baked goods were a little too moist and fell apart pretty easily. 


Vegan Gluten-Free Blog Brownie Cookies and Scream London

It was worth it, whatever damage Cookies and Scream did to my diet. Thank you for the delightful desserts, I will miss you back in the states!


Vegan Gluten Free Shake Menu - Cookies and Scream London UK Veega
Low-Fat Shakes?! Don't mind if I do...

Cookies and Scream LondonVeega Blog
  

Cookies and Scream
The Market Hall
Camden Lock Place
London, UK NW1 8AF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear from you, so please leave comments!