Sunday, March 29, 2015

Dining Out in Brooklyn - Little Choc Apothecary


Little Choc Apothecary Brooklyn NY

The Breakfast Crepe - Little Choc Apothecary Brooklyn
The Breakfast Crepe - Little Choc Apothecary

Wall of Herbs & Spices - Little Choc Apothecary Vegan Veega Blog
Wall of Herbs & Spices - Little Choc Apothecary
Wandering around Williamsburg I was looking for a new vegan spot to try and I found one that wasn't just new to me but new to the area, Little Choc Apothecary. This adorable, entirely vegan, casual restaurant specializes in crepes, but also sells other tasty baked goods, juices, and has an actual apothecary upstairs with a wall full of herbs and spices in glass jars. On their website they claim they are, "NYC's 1st fully vegan creperie." There were little touches in the decor that made me think of Alice in Wonderland, like the super-sized playing cards for table numbers and the tea cups. Fun fact: the owner was a former fashion model.


The Breakfast Crepe - Little Choc ApothecaryI asked the staff which crepe they enjoyed most and the first response was The Breakfast Crepe, and because I was opting to eat gluten-free this appealed to me. The only non-gluten-free crepe on the menu is the Khail Seitan; one I was also tempted to try. They offer both sweet and savory crepes. My crepe was moderately filled with a tofu scramble, coconut bacon, spinach and cucumber slices. This was a light meal, but tasty. I would have liked some sort of sauce to go with my crepe so it wasn't quite so dry and plain, but overall it was enjoyable and I was happy knowing it was vegan and gluten-free. To go along with my crepe, I ordered an Almond Milk Latte, served in a pretty little tea cup. Also, from Yelp reviews I saw that a popular vegan dessert was the Earl Grey Cookie, but when I first came in they were all out. Luckily by the time I left a new batch was done and I took one home. This was definitely a grown up cookie, similar to a not-so-sweet sugar cookie, but with a subtle tea flavor. 

I would return to try other crepe flavors and smoothies...and because the ambiance was just so lovely!

Veega Vegan Blog Brooklyn
Inside, Lower Level of Little Choc Apothecary

The Breakfast Crepe - Little Choc Apothecary Vegan Blog Veega
Crepes in the Making - Little Choc Apothecary



Little Choc Apothecary
141 Havemeyer Street
Brooklyn, NY 11211

7 comments:

I’d love to hear from you, so please leave comments!