Monday, March 2, 2015

Celebrating My Three-Year Vegan-niversary!

Happy Veganniversary to me!


3rd Anniversary 3rd Birthday

It's now been THREE years since I decided to switch to a vegan diet. I just read my post about my one year "veganniversary" and what I said then holds true today. I hadn't set an end date for myself on when I might switch back from being vegan, but I've had no health issues (only health improvements) and although the lifestyle creates challenges (just ask my boyfriend), I've become an expert on how to read a menu at a non-vegan restaurant and an ingredients label on packaged food. I'm still enjoying new foods and vegan-friendly restaurants across the country and the world, most recently Thailand and Vietnam. In fact, my move to New York City refueled my love of dining out and I've discovered some incredible vegan meals in my new home (my favorite place is still Candle 79, but check out all of these NYC spots I've tried too!). This blog has really helped me to stay adventurous and I believe because of it, I'm not getting stuck in a vegan rut. It's also been incredible to see the shift in nutrition and health to support a plant-based diet over the past three years. I've lost track of the articles I've read from national magazines and news sources that share the value of vegetables! There are so many new vegan products on the market.

For those who are just starting out, I will say for me it's been worth the extra effort because of the way I feel. Others may not understand why you can't just have one cookie with milk and butter in it or why you won't try that cheesy meat-filled appetizer because it's "soooo good," but do what feels right for you. There are ways to be vegan and be more flexible, but it's also okay choosing a stricter diet. I'm excited to see what the next year brings.

Thank you for your support in reading my blog! I'd love to hear about your experiences with trying out vegan meals or transitioning to the diet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear from you, so please leave comments!