Monday, November 24, 2014

Dining Out in Minneapolis - Ecopolitan


Raw Taco Pizza (Half Order) - Ecopolitan

After trying out the raw vegan cuisine in Chicago (at Chicago Raw) the week before, I thought why not give it a try in Minneapolis where I was for my next business trip? I found the Ecopolitan, a 100% organic raw vegan restaurant not far from my hotel so I hopped in a cab and went for lunch.


Dining Area - Ecopolitan Vegan Raw Minneapolis
Dining Area - Ecopolitan
It was peaceful and quiet for a weekday lunch hour, which didn't surprise me as it's not very centrally located to many offices and didn't have the quick service, fast food vibe. The dining area is basic with a handful of wooden tables and chairs and it has a small area with pre-made desserts in a cooler case along with various supplements and powders for purchase. You can also just walk in for a quick juice or smoothie from this area versus sitting and waiting for service. 

I asked the waiter what the popular items were which included mainly full size entrees like Rawvioli, Mac and Cheese, and the Nachos Supreme, but knew I was going for a smaller meal and didn't want to break the bank. 


Vegan Raw Greenway - Coconut Smoothie - Ecopolitan Minneapolis
Greenway - Coconut Smoothie - Ecopolitan
I ordered the Raw Taco Pizza in the half size and started with a coconut smoothie called Greenway, made with coconut water, banana, pear, spinach, seasonal berries, and vanilla. It was thick and creamy. The flavor was refreshing and not too sweet or too "green" tasting. I would order this again and again. The Raw Taco Pizza was marked as spicy, but I first confirmed that it wasn't too hot, as I can only stand a little. It was made with macadamia-cashew cheese, lentil taco meat, tomato, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, cashew sour cream, and hot sauce. It packed a lot of bold flavors. The veggies were fresh and helped keep the saltiness down; I often taste a lot of oversalted raw foods. I liked the creaminess of the nut cheese to offset the sharp tang and kick of the lentil meat. The full size would have been too much because this was much heartier than it looked and kept me full for a while. It was a little odd that it was served with a side of raspberries, but it was a nice sweet bite to end on, and I am one who always needs a little dessert to finish a meal, out of habit sadly. 

I would dine here again to give at least one of the full entrees a try. There were many other juices and smoothies I would have liked, as well so it's worth a return visit. I probably wouldn't bring a non-vegan here unless they are very open-minded and prepared for raw food!


Ecopolitan
2409 Lyndale Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55405

Ecopolitan Raw Dining BlogVegan Raw Ecopolitan Minnesota Veega

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear from you, so please leave comments!