Monday, March 17, 2014

Dining Out in New York City - Peacefood Cafe


Fluffy Quinoa Salad - Peacefood Cafe


Here is another casual restaurant that delivers on healthy, clean, vegan eating that completely satisfies the taste buds. I made my first visit this winter, trekking over from Upper East Side by taking a cold, but still lovely walk across Central Park. I dined in, though it was pretty crowded for post-lunch hour. Many people come and stand in line for quick counter service/takeout (they offer a lot of fresh juices, smoothies, and a full coffee drink menu) or you can wait for a waiter service table. While waiting you can drool over a full, tantalizing pastry case right in front. I've made it out of there without indulging, only because my meal was so filling. 


Vegan Pastries & Baked Goods - Peacefood Cafe




I ordered two of the most popular dishes for my lunch, the Fluffy Quinoa Salad and Chickpea Fries. I was somewhat surprised by the high prices of the "fries" but the serving size is large and the dipping sauce that comes with it is heavenly, so together it was worth it. They reminded me of a samosa despite their rectangular shape, and in fact, they are made with Indian spices. The salad was also a very generous portion. It includes baby greens, sprouts, avocado, sweet red peppers, corn, and onions. I was curious about the dressing because others commented how creamy it was. It was creamy, but yet so refreshing from the citrus - it's a lime mustard vinaigrette. I thoroughly enjoyed it.


Chickpea Fries with Dipping Sauce - Peacefood Cafe NYC
Chickpea Fries - Peacefood Cafe
Vegan Chickpea Fries - Peacefood Cafe  Award-Winning


I returned recently with my parents which gave me the opportunity to taste test the Roasted Potatoes Pizza and Pan-Seared French Horn Mushroom Panini - both delicious, though the pizza was missing something so my Dad kept stealing my Chickpea Fries' dipping sauce to add more flavor to his slices. I did not appreciate that, but the waitress supplied us with more, thank goodness!
It's a large menu and I continue hearing about new things I want to try from various customers (like Roasted Japanese Pumpkin and Fried Seitan Medallion Panini). A co-worker told me the carrot cake is fantastic so I'm ready to test out the desserts during my next visit!



Two Locations in New York City:

Peacefood Cafe Website


Peacefood Cafe (Upper West Side)
460 Amsterdam Avenue
New York, NY 10024

&

Peacefood Cafe (Greenwich Village)
41 East 11th Street
New York, NY 10003

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear from you, so please leave comments!