Sunday, October 28, 2012

Dining Out in Boston - Boloco


Teriyaki Bowl with Tofu - Boloco

Boston Local Company = Boloco, a quirky, innovative company that does a great job branding and keeping customers satisfied and informed. Boston is teeming with bolocos, so anytime I'm in need of a quick, convenient, affordable lunch or dinner, I stop by. They offer online ordering so I can prepay and skip the line completely! 
My favorite vegan-friendly burrito is the teriyaki with tofu - sweet teriyaki sauce, caramelized onions, broccoli, shredded carrots, brown rice, and tofu. I cut some calories, and keep the taste, by opting for a bowl rather than the wrap. I appreciate that their website has a full ingredients list that is clearly labeled, so I can pick out other vegan options to try - take a look.


Side story: The colorful artwork you see hanging in almost all boloco locations is by local artist Sean Boyce.  Before I ever knew this, my boyfriend commissioned Boyce for a painting, a wedding gift for his brother. My boyfriend always said that when his brother got married his gift to him and his wife would be a townhouse in NYC... but he was just $10 million short. This painting serves as that dream townhouse. It was such a fun experience and the final result was beautiful and very well received. Here it is! 

NYC Townhouse by Sean Boyce

Multiple Locations throughout 
Massachusetts and New England

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear from you, so please leave comments!