Monday, September 10, 2012

Dining Out in Boston - Sweet




chocolate vegan cupcake sweet
Vegan Chocolate Cupcake - Sweet

Cupcakes (or really any form of cake and frosting) are my favorite food. Thankfully becoming a vegan hasn't stopped me from enjoying a few treats. However, it has been much harder to find bakeries that cater to vegans in the Boston area. After some research I discovered that Sweet bakery (with three Boston locations) sells vegan cupcakes on Mondays. There is only one flavor choice - a chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting. Not my favorite flavor combo, but I had to try it. As you can see in the photo, the frosting to cupcake ratio is about 1:1, which some might find gross, but I will freely admit I like it that way. The cupcake itself was fairly bland with quite a bit of oil, and surprisingly it was not very chocolately. The frosting really saved it, adding the right amount of sweetness. I've certainly had better cupcakes, even better vegan cupcakes, but if I'm looking for a quick and convenient pick-me-up I might stop by again... only if it's a Monday though.

Sweet
225 Newbury St.
Boston, MA 02115
Sweet Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear from you, so please leave comments!