Sunday, October 21, 2012

Dining Out in South Beach - Osteria del Teatro


Osteria del Teatro vegocracy

Vegan Penne at Osteria del Teatro Miami
Vegan Penne Pasta with Mushrooms and a Tomato, Basil, Truffle Oil Sauce
Osteria del Teatro


I spent a few days in South Beach, Miami recently and did my usual pre-travel research to find places that offer vegan cuisine. This one was not on my list, but it should have been! Osteria del Teatro tops the list for best service and it doesn't hurt that the food is delicious too.

My boyfriend wanted to go out for a nice romantic meal and chose this Italian restaurant based on high reviews on Yelp. He made a reservation and verified that they could make a vegan meal. We arrived early and they greeted us by saying "vegan?" ha, I loved it! They were so attentive from the start. The owner Gilbert Gonzalez immediately came to our table and mentioned he just started taking vegan cooking classes and he would make sure I got a great meal. He was so knowledgeable about what was vegan and what was not, it put me at ease.

I ended up having Bruschetta (which wasn't even on the menu, but he said he'd make for me) - it was fantastic! For my entree I had Penne Pasta with a tomato, basil, truffle oil sauce with mushrooms - also delicious! My boyfriend (non-vegan) had the tomato burrata cheese appetizer and bolognese with homemade pappardelle pasta. When it came time for dessert I had to pass, mainly because I was so full but also most options had dairy. My boyfriend was hoping to try the famous tiramisu, but didn't want a full order and said no. When the waiter brought our check over he brought him a plate of tiramisu on the house. That was the cherry on top! I highly recommend this restaurant, you will be well taken care of by the wonderful staff.


Osteria del Teatro
1443 Washington Ave
Miami BeachFL 33139

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear from you, so please leave comments!