Saturday, April 6, 2013

Dining Out in Boston - Trident Booksellers & Café

Trident Booksellers
Vegan Black Bean Burger
Black Bean Burger - Trident Booksellers & Café

I've walked by Trident Bookstore & Café a million times, but I had never sat down for a meal there, despite the good things I've heard. I finally went for lunch during the day on a Friday, when it was still quite busy. It's known as being vegan-friendly in an area where there aren't many vegan options. Newbury Street has lots to offer, but unfortunately not much for vegans.

As the name suggests, Trident is a bookstore, but has a decent sized dining area and a wrap around bar area to sit and dine at, as well. There is an upstairs too, that I have yet to venture to. It's a popular place, so you might have to wait a few minutes for a table. 


Trident Booksellers & Café - Newbury Street

People love Trident's brunch, though I visited in the mood for lunch, my boyfriend ordered the Huevos Rancheros and thoroughly enjoyed it. They also offer a huge tea selection (see canisters on top shelf in photo above) and a long list of fresh fruit and vegetable juices and smoothies, which I've only found in one other place in Back Bay, Juice. I ordered the popular vegan Black Bean Burger, served on Iggy's sesame bun with fresh salsa, chips, and a pickle on the side. The burger was fantastic - mushy, a little messy, but delicious and satisfying. I would definitely get this again. Our server was friendly and entertaining. Overall a great experience.
   
Veega Black Bean Burger



Trident Booksellers & Café
338 Newbury Street
Boston, MA 02115

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear from you, so please leave comments!