Friday, April 19, 2013

Dining In - Kashi Mayan Harvest Bake

Veega Kashi Meal
Mayan Harvest Bake - Kashi
Kashi Vegan
Mayan Harvest Bake - Kashi

For a busy workday I like to have a few quick vegan lunch options available and stored in the office. I've posted before about a few other frozen vegan meals that I've enjoyed, like Amy's Light & Lean Spaghetti Italiano Bowl. Here is another. This one is from Kashi, like Amy's it is less processed and though frozen, still a meal you can feel better about eating.

I tried the Mayan Harvest Bake entree which has plantains, black beans, sweet potato, kale, Kashi 7 whole grain and sesame pilaf, amaranth, polenta, spicy ancho sauce, and pepitas (pumpkin seeds). The taste is unique in a good way, sweet with a kick of spice, but the texture is a bit mushy once you mix it all together. I wish it had a bit more protein (9g.) but the fiber is there (8g.). Overall I would get it again, but only if it's on sale. At some grocery stores these cost as much as $6, and I'd rather go out and get a fresh meal that's a bit more filling instead. Glad to have the vegan option and see it's labeled though!

Veega Kashi Vegan Meals
Kashi Vegan Entrees - Black Bean Mango & Mayan Harvest Bake
Kashi Nutrition Label
Kashi Mayan Harvest Bake - Nutrition Facts

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear from you, so please leave comments!