Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Dining Out in New York City - Terri


Vegan TerriMenu Inside Terri NYC






I've visited New York City twice so far as a vegan and it's such an adventure! To have numerous choices for places to dine is overwhelming, in a good way of course. I used Yelp and a couple VegNews articles to help me find restaurants, from a quick bite to fine dining to dessert. 

Terri, in Flatiron, had great reviews and is 100% vegan - woo hoo! It's quick and convenient (like a Subway) rather than a sit-down place, with only a few seats available. I would suggest this place for a takeout lunch. The menu has a variety of sandwiches, wraps (both can be made gluten-free), salads, smoothies, and baked goods. 

Thai "Chicken" Wrap - Terri
I ordered the Thai "Chicken" Wrap, since I'm a big fan of those flavors. It was delicious and came with fake bite-sized chicken, peanut sauce, lettuce, carrots, and peppers on a whole wheat wrap. The "meat" itself is chewy and soft, not quite as good as Gardein, but still tasty. I also ordered a smoothie, The Brazilian Bombshell (great name, right?). It's made with acai, cherry, blueberry, mango, banana, soymilk (or almond milk), and agave. It's hard to make a bad smoothie if you stick with the basics, so this won me over, as well. Finally with no room left in my stomach I succumbed to a chocolate cupcake that was calling my name.  I am so very glad I did. This was by far the best vegan cupcake I've had! The chocolate cake was moist and delicious. The vanilla buttercream frosting was incredibly sweet and had an authentic buttery taste to it. It was rich and sugary and everything a cupcake should be. The bloated belly and stomach pains were worth it. 

Brazilian Bombshell Smoothie Terri
Brazilian Bombshell - Terri
Terri is a bit on the expensive side (the smoothie was over $6), but what isn't in NYC? I wish I was here longer so I could try more of the menu, but three items in one meal was all I could handle. 

Vegan Cupcake New York
Chocolate Cupcake with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting - Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear from you, so please leave comments!