Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Very Vegan Thanksgiving


This may be a tad bit delayed, but I hope it's relevant for any new vegans who find themselves preparing for a meat and dairy-free Thanksgiving next year!

This year marked my first ever vegan Thanksgiving! I have a lot to be thankful for this year, and making a transition to a vegan diet is certainly on the list. I passed on turkey for the first time this year, but there was a bounty of other delicious vegan-friendly dishes and they left me just as satisfied. In fact, even being overly full I noticed I had more energy post-meal than previous years! The extra glasses of wine didn't help, but I didn't feel quite as weighed down by the feast. 

My vegan menu consisted of dishes made by my vegan cousin and myself:

Walnut Pâté with Melba Toast
Stuffing
Homemade Seitan Pot Pie
Butternut Squash with Toasted Almonds and Brown Sugar
Thyme for Creamy Scalloped Potatoes
The Best Vegan Green Bean Casserole
Zucchini Sandwich Cookies



Vegocracy Vegan Thanksgiving Dinner
My First Vegan Thanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear from you, so please leave comments!