Saturday, October 13, 2012

Dining In - Green Smoothie Test a Success

green smoothie vegan
Grassfed Vegan Smoothie

With smoothies you have free reign to experiment with different ingredients to get the taste you want. They are an easy way to pack in lots of nutrients that you might otherwise be missing, and talk about quick! All you need is a good quality blender (try a Vitamix, Magic Bullet) and you can just throw in whatever fresh ingredients you have available in your kitchen for a quick breakfast or snack between meals. To veganize any smoothie just substitute the dairy with almond milk (or soy). This was my very first attempt at making my own green vegan smoothie so I'm eager to see what other superfoods I can pack in without sacrificing on taste. I was surprised that the spinach in the recipe below was hardly even noticeable, except of course for its vibrant green color!

Here's what I used:


"Grassfed Vegan" Smoothie


1 frozen banana

2 cups fresh spinach
2/3 cup almond milk (use more if needed, I had poured a cup and realized I didn't need that much)
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed

Add the spinach, banana and about half of the milk to start blending until it comes together smoothly, then add in the remaining milk and finally the flaxseed. 


If it's not as thick as you'd like it you can add in a few ice cubes. Simple, quick, healthy and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d love to hear from you, so please leave comments!